Wednesday, March 12, 2008

MultiMediaShooter down... not if I can help it...

MultimediaShooter is down... but I'm hoping despite what Richard, the creator of the Web site, says, it won't stay down for long.

RIP

I write this with a very heavy heart:

I am sorry to report that this website is down for the count. The site was recently hacked several
times this weekend and severe damage was done. I do not have the time or resources at this time to
continue. I wish you all the best. I only wish this hadn’t happened.

[To the ‘hacker’ I hope it makes you happy to destroy something that people put their heart and soul into for years, for the sole purpose of learning and creating a small community
on the web. Just to have you destroy it for no reason. You win. There is a special place in hell for you.]

To those of you who supported the site over the years, THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I don’t know what more to say, except, remember, it’s all about the STORY, not the TOOLS.

-r


I haven't said much about it (Mama's always said braggers aren't doers) but a couple months back I became a contributor to MultimediaShooter and was set up with a user account to enable me to post stuff. Why am I mentioning it now? Because I loved being associated with something that benefited the PJ community so much, and I'll be damned if it goes away without a fight. I've already e-mailed Richard to offer my help in getting the site back up, and I encourage anyone of you reading this (all three of you.. oh I mean 4, hi Roberto!), if you've at any point visited the site or turned to it for the latest on what's going on, or if you've got some coding skill, shoot Richard an e-mail and help the cause!

It's too good of a resource to let die like this.

Labels: ,