Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Nachtwey speakes, minds blown

James Nachtwey, the closest thing our industry has to a rock star, gained mainstream recognition after his documentary "War Photographer" captured Oscar voters eyes, but he hasn't always been the most outspoken. So when he speaks, I for one listen.



Accepting his 2007 TED Prize, James Nachtwey talks about his decades as a photojournalist. A slideshow of his photos, beginning in 1981 in Northern Ireland, reveals two parallel themes in his work.


Daniel sent me the link to this video a couple days ago, but it wasn't until tonight that I finally got around to seeing it, and it's well worth it. It is lenghty however and if you stop it, it starts over from the beginning, so I would suggest you do what I did and download it. Yup! You can download it!

(Fan boy side note: I once meet the guy and actually got to share a few words with him... weee!)

Labels: , , , ,