Thursday, August 23, 2007

How is news changing? Ask some experts!

I spend a lot of time talking about and thinking about new media and how it is going to change the news business and what we need to do to make sure we change with it. There's been more than a few posts here on SLR and talks in person to anyone willing to listen. But have no fear, this isn't a set up another such topic, this time I'm going to point you to some experts on the matter.

Found this event in my inbox and I thought I'd share.

The Silicon Valley Social Media Club is holding an event tonight at Yahoo! headquarters on just such a subject; and they're invited some of the most involved minds to chime in on how news aggregators have created a new model for news sources and a new conversation between comsumers and producers.

Look at that lineup, I think this might be more then the "we already know this stuff" discussion.

No longer is the news a static product which only reports, now it is a conversation between readers that shapes which stories rise to the top, which points of view prevail and provide on the fly feedback on what the public needs to know and wants to know.

Thursday, August 23, 2007
6:30 pm PT - 8:30 pm,
@ Yahoo! Sunnyvale, CA


I'd go, but I'm in New Mexico.

If you make it, let me know how it went. (Psst... podcast it!)

Later

Labels: , , , , , ,