Thursday, February 14, 2008

Last day

Today was the last day, and for my last assignment I had the pleasure of photographing these two critters at the metro pound.



I always thought Pets of the Week was a weird assignment. It felt like every week that I'd do it I was having to decide which animals lived and which died. Walking down those hallways past all the barking dogs and leaning down to say, "you, yes you shall live." It's a strange ritual.

I'm not sure if any of the other staffers over thought it as much as I did, but we had a lot of power in that animal shelter. The ones we snapped were almost always guaranteed to be saved, the others... yeah, not so much.

It was like Schindler's list-- Shaminder's list (yeah, a Holocaust joke... I'm going to hell...)

I wish I had more time, I could of saved so many more...

*Thanks to ABQ Journal tech Nick Layman for the pic, give him some link love.

Labels: ,